Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I love my family, with a note on article advertising.

Hey all,
I haven't updated this thing in a few days but I have a couple fairly good reasons for it. First I wasn't feeling too well, second I wanted to see how much organic traffic this thing (and the rest) is attracting. Well, turns out there isn't much. It seems that the only traffic I get for these blogs is from when I update them, even sending a ping through pingtheempire.com does very little. I guess I need to spread the word a bit, get some controversy, some back links, some zest, etc etc.

I've been thinking a lot about language as a means of increasing conversion rates for article advertising. I figure that the standard 3-5% is far too low and that a bit of the old crafty language patterns just might do the trick to bring it closer to 10%. We shall see, we shall see. I'll be developing some article templates, filled with variables that can be changed to fit any type of product, and which are highly convincing. I want to test them out first before I release them on the world so stay tuned.

A little side note about this blog in general. I figure even if it is a failure in itself, in that no one but my friends and family ever end up reading it, it really doesn't matter. The way I see it I'll eventually get the whole internet money making formula down pat, and I'll figure out a way to do it with little or no money. So at the very least this blog will stand as a great resource for my parents, and possibly my sister, so that they can have a beacon of hope whenever they get run down by money, or their bosses, or their coworkers, or customers, or whatever. Essentially all I want is to lay out in as clear a way as possible a method by which the people I love can feel free to start living the way that they want, on their own terms. If nothing else comes of this so be it, at least I'll have provided for my family, and possibly many others.

By the way the only blog that's been getting any organic page impressions at all is my Leavening Poetry. Go figure. It only got three hits for Sunday and three for Monday.

Luke.
PS. I want to go over some fundamentals of affiliate marketing, adwords and adsense in tomorrows post so if yer new or just curious to see my take on the whole thing then checkk in tomorrow.

No comments: