Thursday, December 21, 2006

A couple more adsense secrets.

Just a couple more little AdSense secrets. Placement is very important. If you can put them on the left of the page, or actually incorporate the ads directly into the text of the page that's best. Some people like to put them just below pictures, and I've seen sites that do this quite well and that probably get a very high CTR because of it, but I really don't think its the best thing to do for a lot of sites. Some people also like to put the ads just after an article or post, thinking that once the reader is done the article they will look around for something to do for a second. Could work. Essentially trial and error is all anyone really advocates.

As far as color is concerned just make sure it matches as close as possible to the rest of your site to avoid the dreaded "ad blindness." Other than that I haven't seen too many interesting tips for color. Joel Comm says that the URL should be blue because that has become the universal link symbol. Seems reasonable, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get blue links on my blogger ads yet. I just need to play around a bit more I guess.

That's all for now, I'll give away a bunch of affiliate and AdWords "secrets" tomorrow. Stay tuned till then.

Luke.

No comments: