Thursday, January 25, 2007

Improve your article visibility.

A strange thing happened to me today. I wrote an article a few days ago about affiliate programmes and resources and what not, and I put (what I thought was) a relevant title on it. It said what the article was about, simple and straight forward. I went back to check on how things were doing with it and noticed it had only been downloaded 4 times in just under a week. I wasn't satisfied with this so I decided to change the title to see if that would get it more readers. I changed it to be more flashy and catchy, still relevant to the content, but certainly more grabbing. Then just now, about an hour after it was rereleased on the site, I saw it had already got 15 downloads!! In an hour!! That's just crazy.

So the lesson I learned from this is that if your target audience is article site readers and not people looking through search engine listings, then the title is absolutely KEY.

No comments: